Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bumps, bruises, and emergency visits to the opthamologist

Parker had his very first eye exam today. He likes to stand by the desk and hold onto the top while I'm checking email and such. He was doing that this afternoon and lost his balance. I couldn't catch him in time, and he fell and hit his eye (his actual eye) on the sharp corner of the leg of the desk. He started screaming like I've never heard him scream before, and I was in hysterics right along with him. I calmed down enough to call my mother-in-law who just happens to work for an opthamologist. She told me to take him in so the doctor could check him out. The exam went well as far as the outcome goes. His eye was fine and there were no broken bones around it. The exam itself was a train wreck. He had to be held down so his eyes could be properly looked at. It took me, my mother-in-law, and one other lady who works there to keep him still. He HATED it. I don't blame him though. I personally have panic attacks when I'm held down. The poor man was so worked up and exhausted after his traumatic experience that he passed out as soon as we drove away.

I'm pretty sure Parker will be walking by the end of the month. He's getting so brave, and tries to take off without anyone helping him. Once he's able to stand on his own (which he's getting better and better at), and becomes more stable while walking all bets will be off. I keep telling him to wait until after the beginning of November, but I know that's not going to do anything. We are definitely in for it!

2 comments:

  1. Poor babe! I'm glad his eye is ok. The first really big nasty spill is always so scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww poor P-man! I can't imagine how scary that was but I'm glad he's ok!

    ReplyDelete